It's summer! I know people are obsessed with fall and Christmastime, but really, summer is my absolute favorite time of the year. It just is.
^This is where we've been. Pretty much everyday. And I'm not even mad about it. Mr. A, much like his Dad, gets a little stir crazy if we're inside too long so generally, we're out and about most of the day. The beach is our favorite. Despite my earnest attempts at dousing him in sunscreen, Aceman is rocking a pretty good tan these days. He is off and running towards the water the second we hit the sand. And the holes in the sand that other kids dig are his favorite. Sometimes the other kids are a little miffed that this little boy is suddenly splashing in their hole they've so carefully dug, but really, I can't keep him away. If he spots a hole within a 100 feet from us either way down the beach, that's where we'll be the rest of the day. I really need to get that kid a shovel.
The best days are when Kirk comes with us, though. For some reason it's just a heckova lot more fun, even when he wants to lug the entire contents of our garage and our refrigerator down there with us... anyways. I'm really not sure who has more fun, Kirk or Ace, as they go swimming in the ocean together, fill up an endless number of buckets with ocean water, and of course, dig holes in the sand. Such a good Dad. Ace and I are so lucky to have him.
This week, we're looking forward to spending a lot more time at the beach, celebrating a birthday (mine), watching fireworks, and spending some quality family time together. It's gonna be a good one. Happy 4th!

Finally you update!! I'm so jealous you live so close to the beach but you already know that.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm diggin that dude in the background. He has a "WTH??" look on his face.
ReplyDelete