Saturday, July 14, 2012

cloudy.


The past few days have been cloudy, cloudy, and even a little rainy.  Normally I wouldn't mind, but c'mon, it's July!  The time of endless sunshine here in the golden state.  Cloudy weather makes me tired.   And mine and Ace's go-to activity of hitting the beach is out, so I have to be creative in entertaining him.  How the heck do people do it where it snows?  Hmm... 

Lately I've been contemplating how I really need to be a better journaler.  Which in turn makes me consider turning this blog into more of a journal, and less of "hey-look-how-cool-and-cute-we-are-and-we-are-so-fun" type of blog, which I am *not* claiming to be, but which I inevitably feel pressure to be after viewing other blogs of super cute peeps.  Because really, my pictures are never going to be that awesome, that's what my sister is for (heh).  And this blog is mostly for me anyways, so I can look back and see what was going on in my life at a certain time.  Besides, don't tell anyone, but I think the blog trend is declining.  They're too prolific.  There are really only a few that I read anymore, and they are the good ones, the big ones (and my family and friends, of course).  I'm also considering making this blog private in the process... we'll see.  Anyways, I'm off my soapbox now.  Here's to being a better blog journaler.  Not blogger. 

Kirk had to go into work today, which is always a bummer on a Saturday but it happens from time to time.  However, we have a fun date planned for tonight which is always a good thing.  And yesterday he took the day of and we went to the Santa Ana Zoo, which is cute and basically just has a million monkeys.  But, if you know Ace and his mad love for Curious George and animals in general, it was a home run.  He was fascinated.  And he was hysterical petting the goats in the barn section of the zoo - I love watching that boy laugh and giggle.  It's just about the greatest thing.  

Have a good weekend folks!  I'm off to attempt to catch up on laundry while Ace is napping and Kirk is still at work.  Exciting, no?? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I think I agree about the whole blog thing on the decline. I don't read nearly as many blogs as I used to--as far as people I know, I just read the ones by people I really, really care about, or the ones that are really entertaining or well done. So that means I always read yours--so update away! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete

.widget {text-align: center;}