Whew! We survived the move. Moving is definitely not my favorite thing to do, but we're happy we're here! We're happy that Kirk isn't commuting an hour and back to work everyday. We're happy that we're so close to the ocean we don't need air conditioning (good thing because we don't have it anyways). We're happy that Kirk gets to surf before work every morning now. (One of us is extremely happy about that one.) And we're also happy to have superficial things like wood floors, a bigger kitchen, and huge backyard (see above). Living in a little apartment really makes you appreciate these kinds of things. So come visit! You're welcome any time.
On another note, I wanted to take a minute and write out my thoughts about this very special little girl:
Ruby Jane Taylor
Many of you may already have heard her story, but I feel I would be remiss if I didn't share it with you. This is Ruby Taylor, the daughter of friends of ours. Kirk grew up with her mom, Ani, who might just be the greatest example of strength and faith I've seen in a long time. Ruby was born in January, just a couple months before our Ace. In her seven short months of life, she battled Caroli's disease, which causes liver failure. Just a week ago, as she was waiting for a liver transplant, she lost that battle and was welcomed Home into the arms of her Heavenly Father.
I was able to attend the celebration of Ruby's life this past week, and it was such a special, spiritual experience. Over 500 people filled the church, many of whom had never even met Ruby. As her mom shared their journey through their blog, Ruby touched many lives and gained the support of hundreds, if not thousands. I only met Ruby on a few occasions in her short life, but her sweet spirit has changed my life in many ways. I am one of the over 1200 people who she has inspired to become an organ donor. At the celebration, those in attendance were given this photo of Ruby and asked to take it home, frame it, and remember those ways in which her story had touched us. Her cute face is currently grinning down at us from our fridge, until I figure out where I packed the frames. Whenever I see it, I am reminded to hug and kiss my little boy just a little bit more, and remember how grateful I am that I, and Ruby, are both apart of eternal families.
So I extend the invitation to you - read their blog, be touched by her story, and become an organ donor. And thank little Ruby Jane for reminding us all just how precious life really is.

I love that happy face of his.
ReplyDeleteSo sad about that adorable little girl. My prayers are with that family.
So heartbreaking about that sweet little girl!
ReplyDelete