Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Surfing. (The web, not the ocean.)

It's surf contest season. 

Which means K-man (as in, Kirkman, not to be confused with this K-man) has been doing a lot of this:

That's not a 5 o'clock shadow.  That's about a good 3 days.  Can't even tear himself away long enough to shave.  

Engrossed in surfline.  
Which causes him to periodically let out noises of shock and disbelief from an otherwise silent corner of the room.  And also causes him to a.) respond very loudly (when he hears me say something to him) or b.) stare at me blankly when he knows I've said something, but he has no idea what.  

It's alright though.  I figure it's a relatively mellow sport to be a fan of, and it could be worse.  Let's just say, I'm secretly glad my husband doesn't care enough about football to even know when the Superbowl is.  

Besides.  While he does that, I do this: 



And homework.  Lots of homework.  


4 comments:

  1. We have lots of surfline checking over here too. But definitely not as psycho as Kirk. ha ha. Those cookies look yum! Ultimate Oatmeal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelli:
    in order to win this eternal facebook poking battle with kirk, I'd like to ask for your assistance on a side war. You really don't have to, but I think that if you're able to do it AND see the look on Kirk's face, you'll be laughing for hours.

    Here's what you do:
    When Kirk is watching a contest, go to the wifi router and disconnect it. Contest obsession . . . interrupted. Time to boot back up . . . 3 minutes. Odds are that the announcer will say 'that was the sickest slash I have ever seen" 99%, look on Kirk's face . . . priceless.

    When he finds out say something like oh sorry honey, I must've bumped it while I was cleaning. He's got such a big heart that he couldn't respond to that. And you're still laughing.

    This message will self destruct in 3..2..1..

    ReplyDelete
  3. And well yes . . . when blogging took off last year I got the Ahearn family blog name. I didn't want someone else to take it. Yes, I am aware that I don't have a family. Please don't rub it in. I KNOW they are not imaginary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I'm getting my money's worth.

    ReplyDelete

.widget {text-align: center;}