Sorry for the blog silence (for the 5 members of my family who actually read this).
I've been utterly consumed with school-related obligations.
Not would I would prefer to be doing, no not at all.
But, following up on my "I-despise-you-February" post last month, March has been better. Much busier, and it has flown by much faster. In fact, too fast. I have hardly had time to finish all that I have needed to by the end of this month. But, I did finish all three, 3!, of my online classes. Within the first 3 weeks of March. Assignments, finals, everything. I never have to look at those blasted classes again, thank goodness gracious. I am all set to graduate come April 23. Unless, of course, I fail my "real" classes this semester - but let's not entertain that thought, shall we? But, yes, March, has been better. Probably because I finally feel like I'm on the tail end of things and not at the beginning, examining all that I have to accomplish spread out before me. Plus, the weather feels like spring!! It's lovely.
But it's not over yet. Oh no. Once I had my online classes out of my way, my concentration has been focused on my capstone paper, which I have been sadly neglecting in favor of more pressing issues. But now, I can focus all my energies on this paper. Well, almost all. Which is what I have been doing for the past seven days. It's not going so well. Usually writing comes easily to me. I can bust out a pretty darn good paper on the first try most of the time. This one, for some reason, is really kicking my butt. I think that maybe it's because it's a different kind of paper than I'm used to writing. I'll spare you the boring details, but I'll just say that political philosophy may be hard to understand, but it is a heck of a lot harder to write, and write well. Read some Machiavelli and you'll understand. Or don't.
So anyway, this paper will continue to take over my life until at least next week. And probably the week after that. But, I console myself knowing that this is the LAST PAPER i will EVER have to write. (At least based on my current plans.) Ever. Ahhh... that thought brings joy to my soul.
Moving on.
In other, non-school related news:
Kirk has become obsessed with selling "the beast" (his car) lately. (He calls it the beast, I don't.) He has also become obsessed with getting one of these:
(Except, you know, not all brand new and shiny like that one. And uh, probably not white.)
The Subaru Imprezza . Or Outback. Or something like that. Not my personal favorite but it's okay. However, it is much preferred for commuting to Oceanside everyday to a gas-guzzling truck. We'll see how it goes.
And the most exciting news!
Nope not pregnant.
We booked our trip for here in May:
Costa Rica!
Happy Graduation to us!
Now if I can just finish my capstone, and my design final project, and finals, and graduate, and sell our contract, and pack our house, and move within the next 5 weeks or so! No big deal.


Good taste Kirk. The Imprezza is definitely my next car.
ReplyDeleteA Subaru? Really? So tell me, when did Kirk turn Hippie?! And...NOOOOO!!! Don't leave me here! I can't believe you guys will be moving in 5 weeks! Wait, before my birthday?! How dare you. Okay, for reals, we're fighting. Good luck with graduation and all that jazz. If you need help packing or anything let me know. I'm pretty sure I'll busy every time you try to call but I'll see what I can do :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I am a complete hippie now. I love mother nature and feel a strong desire to fight for her...expect to see me at the next tree hugging party.
ReplyDelete