We got our family pictures done early this year, mostly because my mega-talented sister was very much pregnant, so we had to squeeze them in before she had her adorable boy. And also so I could check those off my list and shop for Christmas cards early. ;) So I thought I'd post a few of my favorites. (A.k.a. not any of the ones I'm using for our card. Gotta have some surprises, right??)
And despite having the world's orneriest two-year-old during our pictures, my sister still managed to get some amazing shots. Can't thank her enough (thanks, Carly!). I love them all! But seriously though, Ace was on one that afternoon. Terrible two's at their finest. And I love that kid to the moon and back, but some say three is worse?? I won't make it out alive. Teddy, of course, was a complete charmer. Angel baby. I really love that kid, too.
My favorite picture of all time?? ^ Possibly. I can't get over his squishy cheeks and double chin and the belly flash. Oooh Teddy.
What's in his mouth?^ Oh just a mint. #chokinghazard (off topic but have you seen this? haha...)
Good thing his sad face is still pretty darn cute.
Kirk "modeling".^ Stick to your day job, honey.
And last but not least, Ace mid-meltdown.^ Oh, buddy.
In his defense, he has far more good days than bad where he is my happy, sweet, and funny little buddy. And Kirk's buddy, too. Per recent developments we now have a skate ramp in our garage (more on that later) and every night when I start making dinner Ace asks, "Daddy come home? Riye skae-boar??" And just last night he and I sat down to eat dinner together (loaded sweet potatoes with ground turkey and beans etc.), and I wasn't sure how he was going to like it so I just put his plate down and kept pretty quiet about it. But, after eating a few bites he turned to me and said, "Mmm, good mom!" My heart burst a little bit right then. Love you Ace, even if you do give me a run for my money sometimes :).
Moral of the story is: two is a rough age for family pictures, I guess. But here's a tip - just have a super awesome sister who will understand and take amazing pictures anyways.
Moral of the story is: two is a rough age for family pictures, I guess. But here's a tip - just have a super awesome sister who will understand and take amazing pictures anyways.














the top two pictures of you and your husband are unreal! So pretty!
ReplyDeletehahaha. So glad you like them. It helps that you all are super attractive.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, can I relate! These pictures are amazing. Such a beautiful family. And I have a sneaky suspicion we have much in common. Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDelete