Tuesday, February 26, 2013

up to date.

Well hey there, blog I never write on anymore.  What's up with that?

Anyways, some news that won't be news to anyone who reads this blog but really is just for my journaling purposes, here we go.  

I'm pregnant!  Baby #2 will soon be joining our family - in about 5ish weeks, actually.  Baby #2 is also baby Boy #2, and we are so excited!  This pregnancy has been a lot like my pregnancy with Ace, but also harder and has gone by more quickly because I am chasing Ace around all the live-long day.  If this boy is anything like his brother, I better get in shape quick after this pregnancy just so that I can keep up with both of them.  I am a little exhausted just thinking about it.



We bought a house and moved!  We were sad - still are sad - to have left our old ward that we loved but we are loving our new house!  I still don't think it's quite set in that we are homeowners yet.  It's still a little surreal.  Moving was crazy - we originally decided to close around the 17th of December so that we wouldn't have to move *right* before Christmas, only to decide to rip out all of the old tile and ugly laminate in the entire house and put new floors in the week before Christmas.  Oh, and we had the whole house painted, too.  So we didn't actually move into our house until the 22nd, and enjoyed Christmas a couple of days later surrounded by boxes and the smell of pretty-much-still-wet paint.  It was hectic for sure, but I'm glad we're here now, and with pretty new floors, too.  Now if I could only muster up the energy to unpack those last two boxes...



Ace is... Ace.  The cutest, busiest, funniest little almost 2 year old we know.  His birthday is in a couple weeks (!)  and I'm more than a little in denial about it.  Two just seems so... old??  He's definitely not a baby anymore, which is so bittersweet.  But, I'm trying to soak up all of the one-on-one time we have left these next few weeks before baby brother gets here.  Luckily, as busy as that boy is, one of his favorite activities is still snuggling.  His favorite game lately is to grab the blankets on the couch, get right next to/on top of you, and roll around, saying "snu-go! snu-go!" (snuggle).  We love that boy.  He is always full of personality.  



And, since this was a historic day that must be documented  - Ace went surfing with his dad last Saturday.  In his very own full wet suit, no less.  His tiny body in that thing kills me.  



Well, hows that for a quick update, eh?  Lots of other stuff has happened in these last few months, I'm sure.  But third trimester pregnancy is harder than I remember it being, and I'm tired.  

1 comment:

  1. Kell, you look amazing! Pregnancy definitely looks good on you! Aceman, he's too cute! Love the shirtless bed jumping, and that wetsuit...to die for! Love you! And I can't believe baby boy #2 is due in just a few weeks! Crazy!!! Wish I could be there to meet him :( Hope everything is going well and you guys are settled into your new home. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

.widget {text-align: center;}