Thursday, May 3, 2012

ace had a birthday. part I, II, and III.

This post is long overdue.  I guess throwing a birthday party for a one year old really took the blogging right outta me.  Kidding, April was just an exceptionally crazy month.  


But!  We did celebrate Aceman's birthday around here, and it was awesome.  


His actual birthday was on Friday, and he had a little birthday cupcake and opened his presents.  



He was really excited to get some sweet shoes. ;)  Unfortunately, after being dragged around on errands all day trying to get things ready for his party the next day, he was so tired and really just wanted to go to bed at this point.  Poor thing didn't even want his cupcake. Mom fail.  




The next day was his party.  I had dreams of having a super cute picnic party in our awesome backyard, complete with patio lights and a barbecue.  But on the day of Ace's party, it rained buckets.  So, we moved the party inside and ate pizza instead.  


I'm kind of sad because I really didn't get many pictures of his party A. because I was too preoccupied with running the whole shebang and B. because the lighting in our house was terrible, especially because of the rain.  But here are the few I did get.  

In all honesty, the most fun Ace had at his party was when he was here, playing with all the other kids.  


We tried to give him his cute cake I made, but kid does not like being the center of attention of a whole bunch of adults.  So this is basically what he thought of it:

But that's okay, because he really did have fun the rest of his party.  Big thanks to all his family and friends that came to celebrate with him!  I think his Mom is partied out for about 5 years, though.  




I felt bad about the cake fiasco at his party, so the next day for breakfast, I plopped it down in front of him and let him go at it.  


At first he was a little hesitant.

But then he realized that it was cake and dug right in.

"This is the best breakfast you've ever made me, Mom!!  Forget that oatmeal junk!"




So that was Aceman's birthday party, parts I, II and III.  All in all, I think he thought it was pretty awesome.  Especially the cake part.  We sure love that little boy and still can't believe he is 1!  On to year #2, Aceman.  You're the best. 

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe our little guy is 1! Great job on the party honey, you're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks much happier about the cake the day after! Cute boy. Sure wish we could see him more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Seriously, those pictures of him are to die for! So sad we couldn't be there :( And your party looked great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His cute little smile is to die for!!! Can we say baby model?!

    ReplyDelete

.widget {text-align: center;}