It's November.
November decided to welcome us with some very warm weather last week. And while 90°+ temperatures make it unbearable in our non-air conditioned house come 4 pm, they make for perfect beach days.
Last Saturday, Kirk and I had a busy day planned, running boring errands and taking care of stuff that can't be taken care of during the week. (I.e. car stuff that I make Kirk take care of, mostly. Because I hate dealing with car dealership people who look at me like a poor, naive blonde chick who will let you charge her a million bucks for stuff she doesn't need. Anyways.) But when a couple of things fell through and we found ourselves with the afternoon free, we headed our butts down to the beach.
And it was oh, so worth it. We ran into Kirk's cousins, went for a swim (in the ocean, in November), and Kirk even caught a couple waves while I watched from the beach. We like to think we are instilling a love of the ocean in this child early on.
All in all, it was a blissful day. Summer kind of sucked this year what with no sun and me generally feeling like I was going to toss my cookies every other moment, but fall has been awesome, especially these last couple weeks. My morning sickness finally passed completely at around 20 weeks (knock on wood), and I am really enjoying the second trimester. The little guy is kicking lots these days, and Kirk has been able to feel him for a little while now. The other night we just sat and watched as my stomach jerked and twitched from his little kicks. The bump is growing slowly but surely. That's the other great thing about going to the beach - digging a hole for my belly and being able to lay flat on my stomach! Hah.
Moral of the story is, we are really enjoying California in the fall. I missed the leaves and crisp air of Provo for a while (which may or may not have had to do with me missing wearing all my sweaters and boots), but can you really complain about perfect weather at the beach in November? I don't think so.
Proof. And my almost-23-weeks baby bump...ish.

I won't lie to you. I am SO jealous of the nice weather. I mean, it's been pretty nice here, too, but not for long. It's supposed to drop to 38 degrees next week. :(
ReplyDeleteAnd, you look so cute!!
So cute Kell! And yes, take advantage of being able to dig a hole for your belly. Wish I had thought of that when I was preggo.
ReplyDeleteSo cute Kell! I can't wait to see you pregnant in person.
ReplyDeleteIf there is anyone who would complain about perfect beach weather in November, it would be me. Bring on the hot chocolate weather! But I am glad you enjoyed it!
Kell, your bump is so cute. And I am so jealous you're at the beach in NOVEMBER!!! Can't wait to see you over Christmas break and bump bellies :)
ReplyDelete