Thursday, September 16, 2010

Preg, preggers, pregnancy.

Whew.  I'm glad the secret is "officially" out.  It already was, but now that it's out in the cyber world a lot more people know.  Anyways, I thought I'd do a little pregnancy update post so I can remember these things next time I'm thinking about getting preggers.  Which won't be for a good long time after this little babe is born.  


As of right now, I'm about 15 1/2 weeks along.  I am glad to be out of the worrisome stage of the first trimester, but not a lot has changed since then.  I'm still not really showing, although some days it feels like I am.  


I still fit into all my clothes just fine and am kind of dreading when I won't.  My favorite experience by far is now that a lot more people know, I get some not-so-discreet looks from those checking out my stomach/figure.  Like when I had my shirt tucked into my skirt the other day and someone gave me a "knowing"look, pointed at my stomach, and smiled.  Sorry, no, that's not my pregnant belly, that would just be my shirt.  But thanks for playing.  People are funny.  


I think the question I most often get is how I've been feeling.  The short answer?  Meh.  I don't like to complain and whine about how my morning sickness has been terrible, since I'm sure that others have had it way worse than me and I have nothing to compare it to. But it all honesty, it has been a lot worse than I was expecting.  From about weeks 6 1/2 to 9 it was everyday, all day nausea, although I never threw up more than once a day.  Since then, it has been off and on.  Lately, I have about a week of good days and then a few bad days.  A lot of times I get sick right after I eat something a little different.  Secretly, I think that this baby is just plain picky.  He/she knows what they like and don't like and is not afraid to say so (hmmm.... where do they get that from??).  Subsequently, they kick whatever they don't like out of my stomach.  Not fair.  I really hope that this part of pregnancy completely goes away soon.  


Speaking of food, I don't have any really consistent cravings.  Mostly I just want one thing for a long time and am not really satisfied until I have it.  Just ask my sister, Cindy, about the Shock-tarts episode.  (Which apparently are now called Shockers, who knew?)  It's safe to say, Shockers are really hard to find these days.  Like, the closest place to me where they sell them is at the Albertson's on PCH in Laguna. And I won't go into anymore how I know that.  


We find out in just a few weeks whether we are having a boy or girl, and we are really excited for that.  Neither Kirk nor I really care whether it is a boy or girl, we will be happy with either.  I just want to know already. And I don't have any motherly intuition on which it will be, either.  Just as long as it's a baby, I will be happy.  For the record, Kirk is camping out on the girl side.  Not because he really thinks it will be a girl, but because he figures his odds are good so he might as well pick one.  


I think that's about it!  All in all, we are just so happy to be expecting a little one.  And when he or she gets here, I know I will totally forget about all the not-so-fun stuff of pregnancy, and everything will have been totally worth it.  Right?  Right??  

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to knowing what it is...assuming it IS a baby. You're funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shocktarts!! I used to get those almost every day in high school.

    I always thought it was odd that during the yucky first trimester, I usually only wanted stuff that was not very healthy, like Ramen (barf) or white bread. Shouldn't our babies want healthy stuff?

    Yes, you'll forget about it and want another one as soon as your baby's not a baby anymore. Although I still haven't forgotten how crappy I felt with Ruby....

    And I can't believe your clothes still fit just fine! Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably half vampire/half human. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could be a puppy...just don't plan on leaving the babe with us when he or she gets too big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. I laughed at mom's comment.

    ReplyDelete

.widget {text-align: center;}