Kirk and I are up to our ears in boxes over here.
Somehow, we've accumulated a lot of stuff in the year and a half we've lived here. Funny how they remind you of things you forgot about.
For example, on Monday when we move the couch, I am almost positive we will find a couple of Leo's toys underneath it, from once upon a time when he was small enough to fit under there, and would crawl underneath it and take a little nap. And then proceed to freak me out when I couldn't find him and thought he was off peeing in a corner somewhere.
Anyways, I could do a post on how much moving stinks, but suffice it to say, it's not my favorite thing.
Instead, as our time in Utah quickly draws to a close, Kirk and I are thinking about all the things we will miss when we move. Sure, we are biased towards California, but Utah has been good to us.
We will miss, in no particular order:
1. Fall and Spring
The seasons aren't quite the same in California. We love the warmth, but there is something amazing about bright yellow and orange leaves in the fall and then the first 60 degree day after a cold winter.
2. Snow sports
I won't lie, this one is mostly for Kirk, but we will miss snowmobiling/snowboarding/skiing in the winter. I guess there's always Mammoth, though :).
3. BYU
This one is for me. No, I won't miss finals, 30 page papers, and studying. But I will miss school and BYU in general. I will miss learning, being on campus everyday, and BYU in all it's BYU-ness. I will miss overhearing girls at school talking about engagements and rings and whether or not they will marry the guy they have been dating for 2 weeks (not a joke, this really happened).
4. Food
Kneaders, Bombay House, Cafe Rio (although there is one is Lake Forest now...), Jdawgs, and all the rest. Utah has some good food.
5. Utah Culture
I will miss not being able to assume 78% of the people I come in contact with are LDS. I will miss not seeing seminary videos/LDS fiction for sale in the grocery store.
6. Family, Friends.
And of course, our family and friends that are here. It's nice to go somewhere far away from where you are from and still have lots of family around.
I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but those are the main ones.
I will not miss:
The Stairs
Oh the stairs. The many, many stairs. A school on top of a mountain kind of stinks.
The Cold.
Snow. Dead Things. Not really a fan.
And like I said before, neither of us will miss studying, tests, textbooks, finals, and all the other school things that get in the way of college life.
But we will miss Utah. And very soon, we will be leaving, not knowing when we will come again. Come Tuesday, we will be California bound!
But first, we have to graduate. Tomorrow!



Congratulations, Kelli and Kirk...sorry we missed it. There are many things I miss about BYU too. We're excited for your new adventure.
ReplyDeleteUnder number 6 you should add, and especially my wonderful sister Cindy. Seriously, I am really going to miss you guys. A lot!
ReplyDeleteOh how I miss BYU! Even the stairs. It was a good work out. Although not too fun when I had like 5 minutes to get to class. I'd race up them, and then at the top, try to hide the fact that I was gasping for breath.
ReplyDelete